Sunday, October 10, 2010

She's HERE!

10/10/10.  At 5:42am, weighing in at 7 lbs 2 oz, a height of 19 inches and with a ton of hair . . . baby 'Amalani Ta'aloga Hafoka was born!  


So Mary threw a baby shower for us on Saturday the 9th.  When I went in for my regular prenatal appointment on Tuesday I was dilated to 3 and 80% effaced so for the rest of the week, Mary was adamant that I be sure not to go into labor until after the shower.  At the beginning of the shower I noticed a little extra moisture...down there.  Sorry, stop reading now if that is too much info for you.  By the time I got home right after the shower the little extra moisture had turned into a trickle (that I determined was not shishi..hehe) so I decided to go to the hospital just in case my water had broken.  So, within half of an hour from the time we left the shower at Mary's house we were on our way to the hospital.  We got there and the nurse took a look and poked the baby's head and out came the rest of the water - that the baby's head had been blocking for the last 5 hours or so I'm guessing.  We went to our room and waited and waited...and waited.  Then pushed and pushed...and pushed, then just before 6 on Sunday morning, about 11 hours after arriving at the hospital, Amalani was born! It was a beautiful family experience.  Noke was an amazing support - so calm and comforting..and awake despite having had almost no sleep in the last couple of days.  Thanks Shan, Mom and Mary for being there with us.  It was so special having you there.

First family pic

The beginning of 2 full days of sleep


With Aunty Ni'i and Uncle Ti Kinikini


With Gramma Petiola and Gramma Ann

Mary and baby Tali came by. Baby Tali is just 2 months 
older and already almost twice as big as Amalani...

 Amalani gets her looks from her Hafoka side...she 
reminds her gramma of Junior.

Cousins Kina and Malia are good helpers...

I love my Aunty Ta'aloga.  She reminds me so much of my dad 
and of Gramma Kuka and is kind of the matriarch of 
my Toelupe/Alisa family so it's an honor to be 
able to use her name for Amalani's middle name.


15 comments:

Kassie said...

Congrats you guys.. can't wait to see her.. what an AWESOME birthday.. xoxo

miss said...

Yeah baby! We are super excited for you! I'm sure she is absolutely perfect! And Tali--you're already an amazing mother. I'm sure of it!

Titi said...

Can't wait to read all about it! Love you Tal!

Ceeu N Uila said...

Congratz!!! Can't wait to see the little beauty

mary said...

i loooooove this post!! she's so cute tali - such a pretty delicate face. and i love her name too - two amazing women. so awesome all her visitors - she's so little and already so loved. love you amalani!

Lizette Pope said...

awww yay! She is so precious! Such a cute baby Tali! Congrats!

milla said...

Tali & Inoke, CONGRATS on having a perfect and beautiful little girl. Heavenly Father has blessed your little family with a wonderful bundle of joy. May our Heavenly Father continually bless you both as well as baby with health and strength. Thanks for posting pictures. She's a real beauty! Love ya

Unknown said...

Tali n Noke,
She is soooo beautiful and blessed to have you as parents. You both had great examples in your lives...so enjoy being a mommy and a daddy. Love u!

Taylor @ Drinking From Jars said...

HOORAY! She is absolutely gorgeous Tali. It truly is a miracle and I am so happy for you! Being a mom is so much fun!

Jenny said...

She's beautiful! So glad everything went well.

Titi said...

Aww..so precious! Congratulations Tali and Noke, She's beautiful! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Love you!

Line said...

You have a blog?! Send me your email address so I can invite you to mine! (losalinehafoka@gmail.com)

Anyway.. CONGRATS!!! She is a beauty!

Crystal said...

Awww she is beautiful!!! congrats!! and what a cool b-day!!

daveandsavani said...

congratulations!! she is so cute...lookin' kinda like the daddy =). i didn't know you had a blog, wanna send your email and i can add you to mine!! =)
savani_aupiu@yahoo.com

Vika said...

Tali and Inoke, congrats! She is beautiful and I love her name. We have a gift for her but I need your addy so we can stop by. Email me your addy on facebook, please.